Covert Park at Mt. Bonnell was one of the earliest Travis County parks, although it is now owned and managed by the City of Austin. A 3.71 parcel of land atop Mt. Bonnell was donated to Travis County in 1939 by the Covert family, with an additional portion donated in 1957. In 1967, the park was transferred to the City of Austin, and a historical marker was placed in 1969.
The photos below are from the Austin History Center. It was a popular destination as far back as the 1800s and remains so today.