Webberville Park is a 100-acre park located in far eastern Travis County in the rural community of Webberville. The land was purchased in 1978 and the park opened in 1980. The park features the flat, gentle terrain, and large oak and pecan trees that offer shade to the grassy picnic areas. Two miles of hike and bike trails meander through the wooded surroundings, and the paved boat ramp is one of the most popular access points to the Colorado River.
Webberville was named for John F. Webber (b.1793 – d.1882), an early settler who received a land grant in 1827 and lived on the unsettled prairie with his wife, who was a freed slave, and their children. A post office was established in 1846, and the town later included gristmills, cotton gins, four general stores, a school, two churches, and a ferry crossing over the Colorado River. As the years passed, however, the number of residents diminished, and by 1925, the last store and ferry terminal were gone. Even so, the community of Webberville remains in existence today, its rural landscape in sharp contrast to that of the city of Austin.